In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Program information may be made...
Recent Posts by plcenters
Effective immediately, the recipients of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits are included when determining Head Start eligibility. This policy change allows Head Start programs to reach families better, minimize the burden on families seeking public assistance, and coordinate benefit programs so that families eligible for one program can more easily participate in...
If you are able, please consider donating the following:
- New children’s underpants in toddler sizes to 6X
- New children’s socks in sizes birth to 6
- New and gently used children’s books for birth to 5 years old
- Outdoor toys, such as ride-on toys, balls, or sidewalk chalk
- Hats, gloves, and mittens for children 5...
As of March 1, 2022, we no longer require children, staff, parents, guardians, visitors to wear a mask while in our centers, busses, or on home visits if you are well and exhibit no signs of COVID-19, per the CDC guidelines for Portage County Ohio.
Recent Comments by plcenters
No comments by plcenters yet.
Our main office and all centers are closed for the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday, November 24, and Friday, November 25. Main Office will be closed: Friday, December 23, Monday, December 26, Thursday, December 29 and Friday, December 30, 2022 Atwater, Ravenna, and Streetsboro Centers will be closed: Monday, December 19,...Read more
Home Visitors complete a 90-minute home visit with you and your child weekly. They focus on activities designed specifically for your child. Bi-monthly socializations are held at our Kent Center, where parents and children can participate in group activities and interact with peers. For more information, contact our office at...Read more
We are still accepting applications! Call us to get your process started!...Read more
Click on the images below for additional resources or benefits your family may be eligible for.
- I know so many teachers and appreciate everyone of you who have helped me or my family! The program is amazing and the teachers are what make it so amazing. I could never thank you guys enough! – Star Claar[read more »]
- “I have been associated with Head Start for about 12 years now. My oldest son Gage is now 14 years old. I was first introduced to the program when he was 3. Gage attended Head Start at the Streetsboro center. Dajh, my second to oldest, who is now 8 years …[read more »]