Programs at Portage Learning Centers
Portage Learning Centers offers Head Start and Early Head Start programs. Our centers understand that children learn by doing. Classrooms are filled with developmentally appropriate educational materials. Children explore and learn through hands-on activities that are both meaningful and of interest to them. They also receive daily meals that meet all USDA requirements.
For additional information, please contact the main office at (330) 297-7795.
Things To Remember
• Children learn best through play. Make sure you dress your child appropriately for play and be sure to send a change of clothes.
• The best way to reinforce your child’s behavior is to praise often. Use words like awesome, fantastic, great, super, wow, way to go, neat, amazing, terrific, and outstanding.
• Head Start and Early Head Start fosters the role of parents as the primary educators, nurturers, and advocates for their children. Therefore, we work in close partnership with you to assist in developing and utilizing individual and family strengths in order to successfully meet personal and family objectives. You are encouraged to become involved in all aspects of the program, from participation in your child’s activities to direct involvement in policy and program decisions.
• Regulations do not permit food or drink of any type to be brought into our Child Development Centers/classrooms.
• Please notify your Family Advocate or Teacher if you change your address or telephone number.
• If your child will be absent from school, please call your center or the PLC main office to report the absence.