About Early Head Start
Early Head Start (EHS) is a free program designed for infants, toddlers, pregnant women and their families who meet established eligibility guidelines. EHS enhances children’s physical, social, emotional and intellectual development, assists pregnant women to access comprehensive prenatal and postpartum care, supports parents’ efforts to fulfill their parental roles and helps parents move towardself-sufficiency. PLC serves 84 children and pregnant women in the home-based program and at three centers located throughout Portage County.
The primary mission of our Early Head Start program is to foster the parent role as principle influence on a child’s development through comprehensive services and community resource partnerships.
The Early Head Start Program:
• provides free early education and intervention program for pregnant women and children birth to age 3
• focuses on child development and family bond, nutrition and education
• holistically serves the whole family
• includes home-based and center-based services
• provides screenings for young children